"Time flies when you're... doing work, getting attacked by bugs, and hiking up muddy trails"


There were so many things that went on during these several weeks of the BITS program, too many to name in fact, but a few of the activities for example going to Wisshahickon Park and the PowerPoint presentation were the most important to me. Honestly, I did not think I would enjoy being in this program, at first I just saw it as a means to make money and maybe I would learn a few things. However, doing these program I have gained so much knowledge about new techniques, especially relating to computers. For instance I was introduced to two computer programs this summer, Google SketchUp and GoogleEarth. Both Google SketchUp and Google Earth were use throughout the program to show us different ways to view our environment and places we may not be familiar with. The computer programs we used were fun to play around with and were useful in someway, for example Google Earth was great way to locate certain places in the city. However, when it came to applying Google SketchUp to my PowerPoint presentation it became extremely difficult to use and create a recognizable image. After many attempts I found myself on the verge of giving up, though I did not give I did have to settle for a Skecth that was not my ideal model.
Google SketchUp really was sort of a road block for me but the trips to Wissahickon Park and creating a project based of the park made up for the trouble the program. It was not always fun walking and hiking in the sun on hot days, nonetheless really analyzing the Park and thinking of ways to improve it made the trips there wonderful experiences. My Presentation really benefited from the trips to the Park seeing that I was able to get a first look at the Park and gather my on opinion on the Park. Overall i enjoyed my weeks spent in the BITS program and I have learned a lot from my team members, my mentor, and the countless activities that really keep me busy this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

G2: Working at Temple University

This group consist of 10 people:
Tony Dennis
Bryant Brogdon
Taylor
Donnira Jones
Mohamed I. Alli
Tenika Thompson
Jethaniel
Jaleel
Capre Robinson
Shalia Wallace