KEEP OUT!


Kelly Drive/ Wissahickon Park were beautiful places to visit, although it seems as if people were not really meant to walk along Kelly Drive, in my opinion Kelly Drive is a biker and car dominated area. When G2 with the addition of about three other groups journeyed on the sometimes narrow pavement it could have easily been a dangerous walk, in some to the limited signage. On Kelly Drive there were numerous occasions were I found myself not knowing if where I wanted to cross was an appropriate crosswalk. Not only was crossing streets a somewhat daring task, but just walking over rocky, uneven sidewalks seemed difficult for the group I was with. There were countless incidents when we were completely in the way of the bikers as they tried to pass while our group of forty or more people tried to keep to one side.
The crosswalks, unsuitable sidewalks, and narrow pavements may have been a pain for me and my group, however I am certain that if I had problems on Kelly Drive someone with a disability also would have some difficulties. The places surrounding Kelly Drive are a wonderful site to see and observe so is definitely a place people should go and visit. However, with the limited space it would be hard for people walking, bikers, and people in wheel chairs to all be on the trail together. In order to make the park more assessable to people with disabilities I think the walk ways should be expanded so everyone that wants to enough the neighborhood is able to do so. In my project I attempt to make Kelly Drive a place for everyone to enjoy, by fixing the space problem as well as the issues with the pavement, I will do so with the help of Sketch Up. Though, I will be increasing walking space I will not decrease the green that surrounds the area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

G2: Working at Temple University

This group consist of 10 people:
Tony Dennis
Bryant Brogdon
Taylor
Donnira Jones
Mohamed I. Alli
Tenika Thompson
Jethaniel
Jaleel
Capre Robinson
Shalia Wallace